Saturday, January 16, 2010

Italian Bread Salad




I saw this salad on Lydia's Italy. If you like Italian, then you should be setting the DVR for this show. Lidia Bastianich, the host, made this bread salad, with roasted peppers, Aged black olives, capers, etc... I was intrigued. so I set out to make this from memory. Man Oh Man. this is delicious. I am thinking how great this would be with Shrimp on it or even as a side with BBQ Shrimp, (New Orleans Style).  I must be hungry for Shrimp. Huh?

I won't say I followed her recipe exactly, but I really liked how it came out the way I did it. One really cool trick is the brush the peppers all over with oil instead of dripping oil on them like you see on TV. The skins just slipped off and the peppers were sweet.  I have read other recipes on this salad and most say to pull out the really good Olive Oil for this.  I would have to agree.  The quality really shines though on this salad.  I served mine with a Steak and Fried potatoes, Yum!

Since I am now Italian Inspired, I am going to break out my new pasta roller tomorrow and experiment.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Terry

Italian Bread Salad

This is such and easy rustic Italian salad.  Roasted Peppers ...

See Italian Bread Salad on Key Ingredient.

1 comment: